I've bollixed up the server URL in the beta setup

Or, at least, that’s what I assume I did.

I switched to the beta a while back and went through the registration / pairing. I can still update with:

sudo apt update; sudo apt full-upgrade; msm update

but Mycroft responds to every request with a variation of:

It seems I cannot to the Mycroft servers. Please wait a few minutes before trying to speak to me.

Can someone guide me to where to look for the mistake and point me to the correction?


P.S. This is a Mark 1, Enclosure version 1.4.0, Core version 19.2.11+1558681560, according to account.mycroft-test.net. My /etc/mycroft/mycroft.conf lists the server as https://api.mycroft-test.net which is what Test the New Mycroft Home Beta says it should be.

You should need to use the beta url; its been pushed to production now.

I’m guessing you meant:

should NOT need to use…

Any posts about switching everything back to what it should be?

I’m guessing I should issue mycroft-use stable to undo mycroft-use unstable and move the device from https://account.mycroft-test.net/devices back to Account but I don’t remember what the old server URL was in /etc/mycroft/mycroft.conf

Yes, you’re right - It’s early for me :slight_smile:
I would just remove the device from the Mycroft-test site, delete the part that you added to your config file (You don’t have to worry about the old server url) then just register your device again.

I’ve got no excuse: It’s not that early for me :slight_smile: and if I’d paid attention when re-reading the blog post I should have been able to figure out “Oh, right. It implies that one adds the server key, rather than replace an existing key…”

Thanks for the help. Off to attempt all the undoing / redoing.

I switched back and Mycroft said it was ready for use. But it still responds to Hey Mycroft with

It seems I cannot to the Mycroft servers. Please wait a few minutes before trying to speak to me.

Try deleting the file ~/.mycroft/identity/identity2.json by running (in the bash shell): rm ~/.mycroft/identity/identity2.json

Then reboot.

Same result. No change after deleting /home/mycroft/.mycroft/identity/identity2.json

(It de-registered it, and asked me to pair again, but after confirming all was well, it still fails to connect to the server when asked a question.)

can it/is it connected to wifi? What happens when you ping google.com (in the bash shell: ping google.com

All is well with general communications… Just not the server that it is hoping to find.

pi@mark_1:~ $ ping google.com
PING google.com ( 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from iad23s59-in-f14.1e100.net ( icmp_seq=1 ttl=52 time=27.8 ms
64 bytes from iad23s59-in-f14.1e100.net ( icmp_seq=2 ttl=52 time=40.5 ms
64 bytes from iad23s59-in-f14.1e100.net ( icmp_seq=3 ttl=52 time=54.4 ms
--- google.com ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2002ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 27.823/40.947/54.465/10.882 ms

BTW, I had also asked on the chat a while ago, and just heard from @matheus-mycroft who asked for a copy of my identity2.json. I’ve sent it.

Still no joy. (See thread in https://chat.mycroft.ai/community/channels/home-troubleshooting)

Hooray, so glad this got tracked down and squashed!

Let us know if you run into other problems :slight_smile: