What's the status of Mycroft's collected datasets?

Have these been deleted? Sold to third parties? Released to the internet secretly?

wake words, collected stats on wakewords, conversations?

Anyone know?

2 Likes

@baconator I feel you and I was wondering the same yesterday when I received my receipt for my Mycroft AI Premium Annual…

Not sure we will get any update on this but that would be great to release the dataset to the community rather than dying with it.

2 Likes

I was actually surprised to get this charge myself last month.

1 Like

It was previously mentioned we could ask for our personal data to be removed from the dataset

If the dataset is not made public, I would please like to know how to proceed to eliminate all data you gathered from me, also note I am in Europe so the GDPR applies

My preference is that my data remains there IF AND ONLY IF the dataset is open, if the data is being sold or just sitting somewhere waiting for a data breach and not benefiting the FOSS community then please provide the next steps I should take to remove any and all data you have from me since I joined

Thanks!

5 Likes

@michael-mycroft @gez-mycroft @ChrisVeilleux @ken-mycroft I don’t know if the ping will reach you but it would be nice to get some updates about this.

2 Likes

Adding @NeonClary as well to the discussion as she might be able to speak to @michael-mycroft directly.

2 Likes

This echoes my preferences quite well.

1 Like

Good point everyone. I will make sure this gets to Michael, and do what I can. @JarbasAl & @baconator my feeling is that Michael would agree with you on that.

2 Likes

This conforms to my preferences as well.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ve got an email in to Michael, and we have a meeting scheduled next week where I will bring it up if he hasn’t yet responded.

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the follow-up.

1 Like

Just got a refund without asking, nice touch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

20 character limit bump.

with the move of the forums, is anyone from the mycroft team here to answer anymore?

Can we expect an answer at all or just silence?

1 Like

Hi @JarbasAl , thank you for the reminder. Unfortunately, there is no “Mycroft Team” any more, and has not been for a while. It’s been about 9 months since there were any employees at Mycroft, and Michael Lewis has not been visiting the forum. So no, there is no one on this forum from Mycroft AI to respond to users, but that isn’t because of the forum migration.

I do hope that some of the people who contributed to the Mycroft project may return to this community to contribute to other projects in the future.

Michael Lewis is the only one left “at” Mycroft AI. He and I didn’t get to meet for a few weeks, and I missed this item when we finally got back together last Monday. I have pre-added it to meeting notes for next time, which should be on Monday. I’ll update you after that. That’s the only avenue I have available to help with this.

2 Likes

I spoke to Michael Lewis today, and he said that the data will be deleted when he takes the website’s servers down. No exact timing guarantees, but he is working on a smooth shutdown of the servers and a formal announcement to the community.

Relatedly, we think between OVOS and Neon AI we have everything important to the community backed up, or maintainer-level access to it already granted to one of us on GitHub. If there are any repositories or anything else you need continued access to that no one from OVOS or Neon (Daniel) is listed on, please alert me so I can attempt to help.

2 Likes

At this point, I’d say this is likely the best solution. Thanks for the update.

1 Like