[Productivity] Alarms

Skill name: alarms

There is already a Mycroft Alarms Skill, this suggestion is for enhancements to this Skill

User story:

• As a frequent user of Mycroft, I want to be able to set different sounds and ringtones with my Alarm so that I can better customize Mycroft to my individual taste and preferences

• As a frequent user of Mycroft, I want to be able to set repeating alarms that repeat on the days or weeks I choose, so that I don’t oversleep for work because my ‘business hours’ don’t match with the timezone I live in.

• As a frequent user of Mycroft, I want to be able to import alarms from other systems so that I con’t have to go through the hassle of setting them up again on Mycroft

What third party services, data sets or platforms will the Skill interact with?

• Again, this is wide open, I’d really like suggestions on how people use Alarms currently.

Are there similar Mycroft Skills already?

What will the user Speak to trigger the Skill?

• “Hey Mycroft, set an alarm for 12pm every day Monday to Friday. Call this alarm Wakey Wakey”

• “Hey Mycroft, set an alarm for 9am on the last Thursday of each month. Call this alarm Civic Meeting”

What phrases will Mycroft Speak?

• “I’ve set an alarm for 12pm every day Monday to Friday, called Wakey Wakey”

• “I’ve set an alarm for 9am on the last Thursday of each month called Civic Meeting. This alarm is next due to sound on Thursday 31st of May”

What Skill Settings will this Skill need to store?

• User’s timezone and timezone offset, which are already stored in mycroft.conf
  • User’s music snippet preferences for their alarms

Other comments?

• I’m not sure whether Alarms and Reminders should be merged - they perform similar functions but have a slightly different use case. The more I think about it, the more I think they should be merged, or be a subset or sub-function of a single Skill, just for ease of management.

I would love to be able to change the sound of alarms. And to have one for a custom wakeup experience would be amazing.