Possible Python issue / Can't start CLI

Hello, i just installed after a while again the Picroft V20.08 image to my Rpi3b+.

After starting up the ssh and entering mycroft-cli-client i get this:

ImportError: cannot import name 'get_default_loc' from 'lingua_franca' (/home/pi/mycroft-core/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lingua_franca/__init__.py)

Also, this message during initial boot up (first time boot and setup)

WARNING: You are using pip version 20.0.2; however, version 23.2.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the '/home/pi/mycroft-core/.venv/bin/python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.

-updated python
-updated pip

in addition to this, i tried to switch the os to en-utf8, but alas i’m stuck.

If someone has a idea i would be grateful
thanks
roger

oh yes, mycroft-setup-wizard does not fire up neither. command not found.

This won’t make sense without the information in that FAQ: you want OVOS-Raspbian, which can be downloaded from our site. However, while the Foundation is still incorporating, we don’t have buildservers of our own. The most current version is currently available from the maintainer’s personal site. I am embarrassed to say I don’t have it bookmarked on my phone, but I didn’t want to leave you hanging for information.

i think you posted this in the wrong topic :slight_smile:

https://ovosimages.ziggyai.online/raspbian/

That’s where the maintainer uploads the bleeding edge image. But by sheer coincidence, his lab has crashed! I’ve let him know.

Our fundraiser is done, it was successful, and as soon as the paperwork hell is over, we’ve already got money earmarked for this. I am dreadfully sorry.

The one on our site is less current, but it does work (and it’s far more current than poor old Picroft)

I certainly did not. You definitely want to read that FAQ, my friend. MycroftAI is kaput. The OVOS Foundation is the new Mycroft.

OVOS-Raspbian would be called OVOS-Picroft, but the old company’s trademark policies are still in effect.

1 Like

Oh thank you, i see. i’m sorry it did not spark right away. i’ll give it a read

No worries! You’re far from the first. Every forum has a FAQ. We’d put up a banner, but that would be intrusive for the regulars.

Turns out it’s not crashed, his internet’s out. If we were an in-person organization, we’d have had shirts made by now that say “When we’re incorporated…”

Here it is on our site. When we’re incorporated, this will be the place to get the most current version of the image, but right now the best I can say is that it’s been updated sometime in the past couple weeks.

Good thing you posted the raspi repo for the build, because the official is out at the moment:
https://ovosimages.ziggyai.online/raspbian/development timed out. So thank you for that.

however, the latest ovos-raspbian build has the same issue in importing the get_default_loc for the lingua-franca module out of the box.

other than set a regional setting in the raspi-config, i don’t know what to do.
neither the OpenVoiceOS Technical Manual nor the lingua-franca github seams to mention this issue.

the The OpenVoiceOS Project Documentation mentions also the use of using ovos-core to control the modules, but the system does not recognize those.

i will try to re-flash the system now, and if that fails switch to the testing image. i hope it was a glitch while flashing the image perhaps.

mycroft-cli-client hasn’t been touched in a long time and isn’t necessary for OVOS. If you want a log stream, you can tail the files in ~/.local/state/mycroft

To activate/deactivate skills and other useful functions, pip install neon-mana-utils

Those two things together cover most of the old CLI client functionality plus new features.

Archive.org has a partial copy of the original website:

https://web.archive.org/web/20230717120507/https://ovosimages.ziggyai.online/raspbian/development/

It has been back up for a while now, this is my server.

I actually just built a new image this morning and has a couple of new features, namely ggwave which allows wifi to be configured with sound, and skills installed also.