Neon AI 2.0 Upgrade - Mark II Voice Assistant - Update August 2023

Neon AI Version 2.0 is here!
Upgrade Your Mycroft Mark II OS

Thank you for being a Mark II user and newsletter reader.

Neon AI version 2.0 brings 40% performance improvements to the leading open source private personal assistant.

We call this “2.0” because we have revamped our entire build process and restructured the installation which makes it easier to apply updates. To achieve these improvements, we made changes to operating system files that can’t be modified with our existing update system, so it is necessary for existing users to order a Neon AI 2.0 boot drive ($20 off coupon code NEON2UPGRADE) or create a new OS boot drive.

We will support you through the upgrade process - for options, visit Upgrade Guide - Neon OS V2.0 for the Mark II | Neon AI

View the new community produced demonstration video of Neon AI 2.0 on the Mark II, by Thorsten-Voice on YouTube.

"We’re seeing almost daily improvements to the assistant. It’s very encouraging… -Mike G.

Hints

• “Hey Neon, Skip wakewords”
  • “Hey Neon, Change my wakeword to Mycroft”
  • “Hey Neon, How do you say ‘Thank you’ in Ukrainian”
  • “Hey Neon, Change my secondary language to French”
  • “Hey Neon, Delete my profile”
  • While playing music, “Hey Neon, Pause / Skip / Play / Stop”
  • Press the square stop icon on the music widget a second time to exit.
  • Swipe left on the screen to change the wallpaper.

Resources

1. Quick Reference & Quick Start guides.
  2. GitHub documentation at: About - NeonAI® Documentation
  3. Advanced Neon developer updates are posted on our GitHub Discussions page

Please visit our Matrix community to continue the conversation and read more about the Neon OS.

Wishing you success with your private personal digital assistant,

Clary Gasper

Neon AI Projects

Clary@Neon.AI

4 Likes

Sounds great. Looking forward to giving it a try when my replacement Mark II arrives - got the tracking number by email yesterday.

1 Like