Mycroft on Ubuntu Mate

Hi Guys,

I am very new to Mycroft and raspberry pi’s, I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if Mycroft will work on Ubuntu Mate?

Yep, It should work fine on Ubuntu MATE because it is based on Ubuntu which we support.

Hey Wolfgange, I managed to get it installed after a few tries, and for the most part everything seems to be working, however, when I run ./start-mycroft.sh debug, it works for a few minutes and then it just stops listening to audio, if I type in a command it works but it just stops picking up any audio. Do you have any idea why this is?

What does the microphone level indicator look like at the bottom right of the cli interface after it stops responding? Normally, that should continuously show the realtime volume of the microphone. Also, try checking the speech client logs under mycroft-core/scripts/logs/mycroft-speech-client.log.

The microphone level indicator just stayed at 0 when it stopped responding, I have just come back to it and the microphone keeps listening and when I say “hey mycroft” it does the little noise but then does not respond to anything I say after that, in the log output it just says end recording. Also I do not have a mycroft-speech-client.log, only mycroft-audio-client.log and mycroft-voice-client.log, I presume it’s the voice one I should be looking at right?

My bad, that was because of my internet connection, it is now back to freezing, it seems to be after I do one or two commands it freezes.

[EDIT] Here is my mycroft-voice.log

DEBUG - STT: what time is it
18:30:54.237 - main:handle_utterance:55 - INFO - Utterance: [u’what time is it’]
18:31:43.593 - mycroft.configuration.config:load_local:108 - DEBUG - Configuration /home/david/mycroft-core/mycroft/configuration/mycroft.conf loaded
18:31:43.669 - mycroft.configuration.config:load_local:108 - DEBUG - Configuration /home/david/mycroft-core/mycroft/configuration/mycroft.conf loaded
18:31:43.676 - mycroft.configuration.config:load_local:113 - DEBUG - Configuration ‘/etc/mycroft/mycroft.conf’ not found
18:31:43.681 - mycroft.configuration.config:load_local:113 - DEBUG - Configuration ‘/home/david/.mycroft/mycroft.conf’ not found
18:31:43.690 - requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool - DEBUG - Starting new HTTPS connection (1): api.mycroft.ai
18:31:44.523 - requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool - DEBUG - https://api.mycroft.ai:443 “GET /v1/device/e676c286-d412-4c22-8bd4-e6cab9a67234/setting HTTP/1.1” 200 2947
18:31:44.567 - requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool - DEBUG - Starting new HTTPS connection (1): api.mycroft.ai
18:31:45.386 - requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool - DEBUG - https://api.mycroft.ai:443 “GET /v1/device/e676c286-d412-4c22-8bd4-e6cab9a67234/location HTTP/1.1” 200 880
18:31:45.488 - mycroft.configuration.config:load_local:113 - DEBUG - Configuration ‘/etc/mycroft/mycroft.conf’ not found
18:31:45.491 - mycroft.configuration.config:load_local:113 - DEBUG - Configuration ‘/home/david/.mycroft/mycroft.conf’ not found

So the what time is it command at the top of this log worked and I got a reply, however it froze up after this

Okay, sorry to be a nuisance, it seems to be working fine now, after I leave it for a while, I think it is just because of my raspberry pi being slow.