How to setup Lifx skill

I’ve installed the lifx skill but it does not appear on home.mycroft.ai

How do I setup this skill with my lifx account info

I believe that because LIFX bulbs broadcast their availability on the local network, this doesn’t require you to authenticate with your LIFX cloud account.

This does mean that the Skill would only work with lights that are connected to the same network as your Mycroft device.

Having a look at the code for the the Skill, it should log each light it finds in skills.log when it loads, so from your terminal if you run:
grep "was found" /var/log/mycroft/skills.log
it should return a list of the lights you have.

Do these show up?

Nothing shows up.

When I try to ask to turn on/off the lights, mycroft doesn’t understand the command.

Would be worth checking that the Skill is properly loaded, if you open the CLI using: mycroft-cli-client
Then type :skills and hit enter.
This should present you with a list of the Skills installed on that device, and any in red are not loaded properly for some reason. If that’s the case then we need to look at the skills.log to work out why it’s failing.

The lifx skill is red. not loaded. :frowning_face:

from the log:

2019-10-09 09:48:33.478 | INFO | 823 | msm.skill_entry | Nothing new for lifx-mycroft
2019-10-09 10:47:21.056 | INFO | 836 | mycroft.skills.skill_loader:load:115 | ATTEMPTING TO LOAD SKILL: lifx-mycroft.samclane
2019-10-09 10:47:21.075 | ERROR | 836 | mycroft.skills.skill_loader:_load_skill_source:209 | Failed to load skill: lifx-mycroft.samclane (ImportError(“No module named ‘netifaces’”,))
File “/opt/mycroft/skills/lifx-mycroft.samclane/init.py”, line 23, in
import lifxlan
File “/opt/venvs/mycroft-core/lib/python3.4/site-packages/lifxlan/init.py”, line 1, in
from .lifxlan import LifxLAN
File “/opt/venvs/mycroft-core/lib/python3.4/site-packages/lifxlan/lifxlan.py”, line 10, in
File “/opt/venvs/mycroft-core/lib/python3.4/site-packages/lifxlan/device.py”, line 25, in
2019-10-09 10:47:21.088 | ERROR | 836 | mycroft.skills.skill_loader:_communicate_load_status:280 | Skill lifx-mycroft.samclane failed to load
2019-10-09 10:49:03.337 | INFO | 836 | msm.skill_entry | Nothing new for lifx-mycroft
2019-10-09 11:49:34.444 | INFO | 836 | msm.skill_entry | Nothing new for lifx-mycroft

Hmm, looks like the netifaces package is required by lifxlan but is missing.
Can you try running mycroft-pip install netifaces

then either restart Mycroft, or you can cause the Skill to reload by running:
touch /opt/mycroft/skills/lifx-mycroft.samclane/__init__.py

and finally check if the skill is loaded properly?