How to run a bash script with Mycroft (Complete beginner)

I am completely new to Mycroft. It all seems complex right now.

Please teach me step-by-step how to set up Mycroft and make it run a custom bash script with my voice, on linux ubuntu 18.10.
I have already installed it, what now? (I didnt register my mic, there is no start-mycroft_cli in the mycroft folder)

Hi @v00razz
I think you should split your “problem” up in pieces.

1. Install mycroft.
    How did you do that ? Did yoy follow this guide https://github.com/MycroftAI/mycroft-core ?

2. Get your audio and mic working with mycroft
    You can find some help here in audio troubleshooting and if that dosnt help ask more here or in the mattermost channel

3. Extend your Mycroft by installing skils from Market
    Be familar on how to install and remove skills on your Mycroft. Visit the Market

4. Get a skill that run a shellscript.
    There isnt any skills in market to run a shell script. But someone has made something that can be found on Github. Or look at [Mycroft Skills List}(https://andlo.github.io/mycroft-skills-list/) where there are some if looking for shell.
    But do notise, that skills that arent in the market isnt for sure workingand you do have to read the readme.md and look into the code etc.
    If nothing does fit, you can make your own skill that does what you want. And there are plenty of help to do that.

So first thing is to get your mycroft installation working….

Ake made a skill that would run a shell script a long time ago, not sure where it is anymore. But Andlo’s advice is spot on.

1 Like

That would be this one, and I think it works but isnt in the market.

1 Like

Hi there @v00razz, welcome, it’s great to have you here.

As @andlo has outlined, your request is really two parts;

1. To install Mycroft. We have comprehensive instructions for installing on Linux.

2. Your second requirement is more complicated. We do have a facility for creating your own voice - for instance by recording your own voice, but it does require a lot of effort. The Mimic Recording Studio allows you to record your voice. The recordings then have to be trained using mimic2 link to create a TTS voice.

3. Custom bash script - I’m not sure what you mean here - could you provide some more details?

Okay I have found this but have no idea how to install it on my Mint 19.1 system. I have mycroft running and it works but would like to add this skill.
Eventually I would like to install picroft on one of my Pi 3’s.
Can you help please?

Well I have now installed it but I am still stuck.
How do I customise it? There is an example snippet of code but no context for it so I can’t use it.
I am quite familiar with python so it would really be great on one of my Pi’s.
I would be happy to try any suggestions how to do it.

Hi,

I made this drag-and-drop solution to running shell script /.sh files in Mycroft. Tested on Linux Mint 20.3 so can’t guarantee compatibility on other systems or future versions of Mycroft. Made this since I couldn’t find comparable solutions elsewhere. Hope this helps someone in the future.

https://github.com/WTRV-0/mycroft-skill-script

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s the same or similar as the one @JarbasAl wrote.