Having issues getting my registration code on picroft

im geting a “ImportError: cannot import name ‘get_default_loc’ from ‘lingua_franca’ (/home/pi/mycroft-core/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lingua_franca/init.py)” every time i type in mycroft-cli-client

Picroft hasn’t been actively maintained for years. The error you’re seeing while trying to launch the cli seems weird to me - that library shouldn’t have changed on you - but based on the title, I’m guessing you’re also having trouble connecting to MycroftAI’s backend services. Troubleshooting this would be a rabbit hole, and the rabbit’s not home.

OVOS (see FAQ) is now providing a Pi3-focused spiritual successor to Picroft. Right now, we’re just calling it OVOS-Raspbian or The Headless Version. That image will be the future for existing DIY Mycroft projects, as it should require the least redoing of your current setup.

How do i setup ovos for raspberry pi 2b and can i use the mycroft ui skill or plugin with it

Currently we do not have a real option for a Rpi2. The raspOVOS image will run on a Rpi3b, but there is no gui.