Error While Setup Dev Environment Using ./


I am new to Mycroft Environment, trying to setup Mycroft on Raspberry PI3.
I am following Git Clone approach:
On executing ./ getting below error, have tried clean installation still getting the same error.

CC lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_12_params.lo
CC lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_17_durmodel.lo
CC lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_17_mcep_trees.lo
CC lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_17_params.lo
gcc: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.9/README.Bugs> for instructions.
Makefile:3848: recipe for target ‘lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_01_params.lo’ failed
make[1]: *** [lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_01_params.lo] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…

Complete Log:


Just throwing out thoughts, did you try using the Raspberrry PI Install? Seems a bit more simple? Just to me anyway, I’m running on a Ubuntu Desktop.

Thanks for initiating discussion.

Didn’t follow Raspberry Install approach as i have a lot of stuff on Raspberry PI, not very comfortable with non-GUI Debian OS.


had the same problem a couple of days ago when I tried to install mycroft to my Raspberry PI PC.

As I found out it was because of to low/less memory(RAM) but in your case I wonder a little cause the RPI3 has 2Gb if I’m not wrong compared to my 1GB OPi PC it should work without problems.

But anyways just try to set up a swap partition. I don’t know your setup but I would recommend that you install and boot the system over usb and use the free sd card as swap partition. Cause I’m not wrong the USB Ports from the RPi are wired over a USB HUB which is connected to the SoC so there will be 4 Ports pressed trough one tunnel and if you use the sd as swap it should be faster than over a USB Memory Stick.

In my case, cause the OPi PC can’t boot from USB so I partitioned the SD Card in 2 parts. One for the boot files and the other partition as 2gb swap space. From there the compiling process worked fine but it took quite long. Around 4h.


I am able to resolve the issue by altering configurations.

  1. Addjust to have “CORES=1” instead of $nproc

  2. Alter Swap memory.
    sudo nano /etc/dphys-swapfile

locate the line:

and change it to:

There’s an update to the dev_setup script that checks how much memory is in place and alters the number of parallel threads when make’ing now. For devices with under 1.5gb it’s now limited to 1 thread, over that it runs on however many cores are available.