Docker question for Neon AI OS

Hello :slight_smile:

I read this post today and it sounds great, so I decided to give it a try. I’m no expert in docker, so I just followed the step-by-step instructions from the NeonCore site… And I just have some docker-related problem.

Where’s the appropriate channel to ask for some simple support?

> sudo -E docker-compose up -d
[+] Building 0.0s (0/0)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
[+] Running 0/6
 ⠸ Container neon-enclosure   Starting                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        1.3s 
 ⠸ Container neon-audio       Starting                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        1.3s 
 ⠸ Container neon-skills      Starting                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        1.3s 
 ⠸ Container neon-speech      Starting                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        1.3s 
 ⠸ Container neon-messagebus  Starting                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        1.3s 
 ⠸ Container neon-gui         Starting                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        1.3s 
Error response from daemon: error while mounting volume '/var/lib/docker/volumes/docker_xdg/_data': failed to mount local volume: mount ./xdg:/var/lib/docker/volumes/docker_xdg/_data, flags: 0x1000: no such file or directory

> sudo ls -l /var/lib/docker/volumes/docker_xdg/
total 4
drwxrwx--- 1 root docker  0 jun 16 12:14 _data
-rwxrwx--- 1 root docker 79 jun 16 12:14 opts.json

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Gabriel, right here works for asking for support, and so does our Matrix channel: https://matrix.to/#/#NeonMycroft:matrix.org

I’m going to move this over to start a new thread, which is better for getting responses to specific questions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This thread is about neon, but i’d like to point out the ovos-docker repo, the readme is super detailed

2 Likes

Documentation is in-progress for this particular issue, but it’s pretty simple.

You can open up .env in the same directory as docker-compose.yml and replace each ./ with the actual path to the directory (/home/<USER>/NeonCore/docker).
Or, set the environment variables manually:

export NEON_SKILLS_DIR=/home/<USER>/NeonCore/docker/skills
export NEON_CONFIG_PATH=/home/<USER>/NeonCore/docker/config
export NEON_XDG_PATH=/home/<USER>/NeonCore/docker/xdg
1 Like