Problems with a new installation

That’s not necessary, it just speeds up the fuzzer. The error seems to be that configuration for the skill is missing. (No port is set)

I’ve not run the home assistant skill myself so I’m not sure how it’s supposed to be configured.

Looks like I just have a settings problem now as the error I have ends with “InvalidURL: Invalid URL u’http://:8123/api/components’: No host supplied” - I think I have a copy of my old conf file somewhere it should be easy to fix.

Well that’s weird… I have the settings both on my account on home.mycroft.ai and in my config file yet…

15:06:54.021 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:106 - INFO - ATTEMPTING TO LOAD SKILL: HomeAssistantSkill with ID -3331809641323970491
15:07:00.144 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:143 - ERROR - Failed to load skill: HomeAssistantSkill
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/seb/mycroft-core/mycroft/skills/core.py", line 115, in load_skill
skill = skill_module.create_skill()
File "/opt/mycroft/skills/HomeAssistantSkill/__init__.py", line 598, in create_skill
return HomeAssistantSkill()
File "/opt/mycroft/skills/HomeAssistantSkill/__init__.py", line 166, in __init__
self._setup()
File "/opt/mycroft/skills/HomeAssistantSkill/__init__.py", line 192, in _setup
if (self.ha.find_component('conversation') and
File "/opt/mycroft/skills/HomeAssistantSkill/__init__.py", line 127, in find_component
timeout=TIMEOUT)
File "/home/seb/.virtualenvs/mycroft/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 70, in get
return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
File "/home/seb/.virtualenvs/mycroft/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 56, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File "/home/seb/.virtualenvs/mycroft/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 474, in request
prep = self.prepare_request(req)
File "/home/seb/.virtualenvs/mycroft/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 407, in prepare_request
hooks=merge_hooks(request.hooks, self.hooks),
File "/home/seb/.virtualenvs/mycroft/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 302, in prepare
self.prepare_url(url, params)
File "/home/seb/.virtualenvs/mycroft/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 385, in prepare_url
raise InvalidURL("Invalid URL %r: No host supplied" % url)
InvalidURL: Invalid URL u'http://:8123/api/components': No host supplied

Other than that everything’s working fine so I feel I’m very close…

Weird!! I have the settings twice on home.mycroft.ai!!! That’s why it wasn’t picking them up the second set is empty…
Edit: I actually have all the settings twice… The Home Assistant settings are still not getting picked up though.

1 Like

I think I have my culprit lol…

15:23:13.192 - mycroft.messagebus.client.ws:on_error:85 - WARNING - WS Client will reconnect in 5 seconds.
15:23:15.751 - mycroft.configuration.config:__init__:186 - ERROR - RequestException fetching remote configuration: <html><body><h1>503 Service Unavailable</h1>
Mycroft is down for scheduled maintenance. We will be back shortly.</body></html>

I’ll try again in a couple of hours.

Humm, the only advice I can give is to remove both entries completely and then wait for the skill settings to be replicated up to home again.

Ping @Mn0491 do you have any suggestions?

Oh right,

the servers are very up-and-downy at the moment. sigh

Yeah that is due to having two different mycroft-core versions. The python3 version will produce a new skill settings box since we change the internal name of the identifier. Also if you have two devices and have two different versions of the skill it will also produce two boxes that look similar but may be different.

2 Likes